How to Apply
Check back soon, we are not accepting applications at this time. We open applications on a periodic basis, accepting one to three households at a time.
We are so excited you are here and interested in partnering with Habitat to become a homeowner. Habitat’s path to homeownership is a process that requires hard work and dedication. Habitat homebuyers complete more than 200 hours of volunteering, training, and education before they buy a home. We partner with you because we want you to experience long-term financial success. It can take twelve (12) to eighteen (18) months to complete the Homeownership Program from application to closing. The timeline might seem long, but we designed it to allow the education, volunteer hours, and time to build your home.
Next Application Period
The application period is closed. Our next application period will open late summer/fall of 2021.
What Can I Do Now?
1. Join our Path to Homeownership mailing list below or call to sign up.
2. Review our How to Qualify page to make sure you meet the minimum requirements to partner with Habitat to buy a home.
3. Consider working with a HUD approved housing counselor to begin preparing and planning for a successful home loan application.
4. Check out your credit report and address judgements and excess debt. The federal government provides free access to your credit report at AnnualCreditReport.com.
5. Volunteer with us! Join us on a build site and explore what it feels like to complete your “sweat equity” hours. You will meet volunteers, see the homes we build, and learn more about the neighborhood and your community.
Yes! Add me to the Path to Homeownership Interest List
Notice: The federal Equal Credit Opportunity Act prohibits creditors from discriminating against credit applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age; because all or part of the applicant’s income derives from any public assistance program; or because the applicant has exercised in good faith any right under the Consumer Trade Commission, Washington, D.C. 30580
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, national origin, age, marital status, or sources of income.