Have you heard of a Habitat for Humanity ReStore? Habitat ReStores are independently owned reuse stores operated by local Habitat for Humanity organizations that accept donations and sell home improvement items to the public at a fraction of the retail price. We are currently working hard to build inventory, fundraise and secure a space to open a ReStore here in Dubuque which will help support our mission of providing affordable homeownership opportunities in Dubuque and Jackson Counties.
In August, we are planning a Pop-Up Repurpose Sale and proceeds will help build strength, stability, self-reliance and shelters right here in our communities—a good deal for you, your community and the environment! Shop our sale the following dates/times:
- Thursday, August 13: 3 – 8 p.m.
- Friday, August 14: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Saturday, August 15: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Thursday, August 20: 3 – 8 p.m.
- Friday, August 21: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Saturday, August 22: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Thursday, August 27: 3 – 8 p.m.
- Friday, August 28: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Saturday, August 29: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
You can also check out our Facebook Shop!
Keeping shoppers safe during COVID-19:
- limited shoppers will be allowed in the Resale to allow for social distancing
- hand sanitizer will be available
- donations will be quarantined for 72 hours before being placed on the Resale floor
- masks are required to shop at the Resale
- shopping by appointment will be available starting July 15 for those who are not comfortable coming during regular shopping hours. Call 563-663-4046 or email email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
Interested in donating to the Repurpose Sale? Call or email Rachel Daack at firstname.lastname@example.org or 563-663-4046. Your donation is tax deductible!
Here is a list of items we take and items we cannot accept:
We CAN generally accept:
- Appliances: refrigerators, stoves, washers, dryers, window air conditioners; under 7 years old, clean and working
- Bricks and blocks; drop off only
- Cabinets: kitchen and bath
- New ceramic tile
- Countertops: 4′ or longer, no cutouts or corners
- Electrical lights, ceiling fans
- Flooring: new vinyl, carpet, laminate and wood flooring
- Furniture: no smokers, pet hair, rips or stains
- Lumber: dimensional, 4′ min., no nails
- Lumber sheets: half sheet or larger
- Lawn mowers: clean and working
- Paint from contractors and businesses only
- New or nearly new plumbing fixtures
- New plumping pipes and supplies
- Toilets: low flow only
- Working tools
- Windows: under 8 years old
We CANNOT accept:
- Automotive parts
- Anything with mold
- Box springs or mattresses
- Carpet padding
- Central air conditioner units
- Cultured marble sinks
- Counter tops with sink cutouts
- Cook tops
- Garbage disposals
- Hollow core doors
- Musical instruments
- Microwave ovens
- Humidifiers or Dehumidifiers
- Smoke detectors
- Paint, stain from individuals
- Sewing machines
- Shower doors
- Toilets larger than 1.6 gallon per flush
- Toxic materials (adhesives, solvents, etc.)
- TVs, VCRs, stereos, speakers, accessories
- Used ductwork, used insulation
- Florescent fixtures or lights
- Unframed mirrors or glass
- Wall ovens
- Wall-mounted sinks
- Waterbed pieces
- Water heaters, water softeners
- Window pieces, glass or sashes
- Window treatments